A Delicious Recipe for Your CatPLUS You Could Win a Pet Food Cookbook
Here’s a recipe from the new pet food cookbook from Lucy Postins, co-founder of The Honest Kitchen. Made out of Love includes nourishing recipes for toppings, treats, main dishes, raw, and functional cuisines that you can make at home. The book includes recipes for cats and dogs.
Win the Cookbook
Enter our giveaway for a chance to win a copy of this new cookbook as well as a sample pack of Prowl, dehydrated raw cat food. 10 lucky readers will win a sample pack of Prowl, and one extra lucky reader will win the cookbook. See the bottom of this post for details.
Recipe for Feline Valentine Savories
These bite-sized nibbles are irresistible for most cats and a great way to show your kitty a little extra love on Valentine’s Day or any special occasion.
- 1 cup The Honest Kitchen Prowl dehydrated cat food
- 1?3 cup warm water
- 1?2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1?2 cup fresh raw ground turkey
- 2 free range eggs
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Hydrate the Prowl with the warm water in a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients one by one and stir to form a thick dough.
- Carefully mold the dough into small raspberry-sized balls using your hands.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until slightly crispy on the outside.
- Cool thoroughly before serving.
- Keep these treats in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or keep them in the freezer and just defrost a few at a time.
HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY
To enter the giveaway, simply click the link at the bottom of this article and you’ll be redirected to an entry form on my cat toy book website, MakeYourOwnCatToys.com. I’d really like to hear how your cat likes Prowl and post it on GreenLittleCat.com, so please enter only if you don’t mind reporting back on whether your cat liked Prowl and how easy/difficult it was to use.
The giveaway is limited to U.S. residents in the continental U.S. (excludes Alaska and Hawaii). Please enter a maximum of once per day and the deadline to enter the giveaway is February 28th, 2010.